Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Cooking Spree Before This Week's Grading Spree


This week is a busy one in the McRz household, so rather than being tempted by getting take-out I took matters into my own hands.

Yesterday I used up almost all of our local produce and made 3--not to brag--fantastic meals.

1.) Spinach Ricotta Pie from The Moosewood Collective. I cheated and purchased a pie crust at the grocery store. I just neither had the ambition or the time to make dough.

2.) Eggplant Parm. We loved this dish when I made it before, and I knew something hearty like it
would help us throughout the week. Sides for it are really easy too: some noodles with leftover sauce, brussel sprouts, or salad.

3.) For dinner last night I made Jamie Oliver's Juiciest Pork Chops with roasted beets and parsnips, which we given to us by our friend Sarah, from his cookbook Jamie at Home. And I
pan seared some brussel sprouts for the heck of it. It was a perfect dinner if I do say so myself, and the added step of added lemon to the pork chops' juices made a huge difference in the taste of the dish--another worthwhile step.

It's time to get to all that grading and the busy week ahead of us. That is, now that we have some good food to help us through it!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I would have had the foresight to cook ahead. I graded 12 essays last night while eating a greasy (but delicious) burger from South Side Six. Now my head hurts (SOOO many comma splices), and my stomach feels a little gross.

    Thanks for the shout out.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love South Side Six burgers. They are the best in town! See you tomrorow, chick!

    ReplyDelete