Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Dinner: What I Call "Leftover-Love Casserole"

Tonight we're heading over to our friends' house for a cookout, so last night that meant I was cooking up a storm, which meant I wasn't going to cook dinner.

I took Jamie Oliver's recommendation to turn his fantastic pasta dish into a casserole. I shredded some parm cheese over the top of the leftover pasta, eggplant, and tomatoes, covered the dish with foil, and popped it into a 325 degree oven for about 40 minutes.

In the meantime, I made the graham cracker crust for the Stained Glass Cake I'm taking over to our friends' and I shredded kohlrabi, carrots, radishes, red onion, and green peppers for the coleslaw with vinaigrette dressing.

During the casseroles last 10 minutes FD took the foil off, sliced the leftover venison steak, and added it to the casserole. The dish got all bubbly and the venison heated up without overcooking.

I finished my food prep and sat down to a wonderfully tasty casserole with a fresh green side salad prepared by FD.

Quite an easy, tasty treat!

The added bonuses: I didn't have to cook dinner and made something new from leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment