Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wine: 2005 Cabernet-Sauvignon by Domaine Des Cantarelles (Red Rhone Wine from France)

Richard at Maumee Wines recommended this wine to us when we asked for a Bordeux.

After one sip I felt like the first time I was allowed to eat at the adult table. This wine is complex and rich. I say this fondly--I taste the exhaust fumes from my '79 VW Super Beetle. I'm assuming that's what Richard meant when he said he tastes "tar and leather" with this wine. Though, I had vinyl seats, not leather ones. I get a sense of oak and tart cherries and butter too. If I could afford to do so I would buy 5 cases of this wine. I adore it. But it's not for the faint of heart. For example, I wouldn't recommend this wine to my mother who's beginning to get into red wine; she would probably say, "It's too strong and dry."

Will definitely buy this one again. $16.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment