Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Christmas Meal


All the holiday cooking turned out perfectly.
The mashed potatoes were a hit as well as the salad and breakfast casserole. I absolutely adored the salad, and it motivated me to no longer be afraid of de-seeding a pomegranate.
The curried applesauce perfectly cut the saltiness of the ham and enhanced its porkiness. But it was a bit different so I'm not sure my family really enjoyed it. You have to really love curry to really love the curried applesauce.
Of course, like all holidays, I forgot my little cooler at my parents' and sadly left behind the extra applesauce and a qt of Calder's Milk. I hope they found some use for them.
It was nice to cook for my family and share a meal with them. I'm looking forward to the day when FD and I can host a holiday meal in our own home. That will be the ultimate holiday cooking adventure for me. Until then, I'm delighted to make the sides and enjoy the holiday cheer. And I vow to continue working on my holiday baking--another resolution to add to the list.
For New Year's Eve's meal we're heading to Revolver for our annual tradition. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment