Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not Exactly Food Related But Christmas Related


This past weekend FD and I had a Saturday of food adventures.

It began at Kermit's in BG where, at 9 a.m., I ordered a patty melt with fries.

Then it was a morning of work and dog walking before we hit I-75 to buy our live Christmas tree from the Christmas tree farm I call a pawpaw farm. Then we checked out a new restaurant in Findlay.

Regular readers may remember my PawPaw Adventure in September. As I promised Dave Reese, I returned to Kaleidoscope Farms this Christmas season to buy a live Christmas tree. Kaleidoscope Farms is a family owned and operated Christmas tree farm that has won the Ohio State Fair Grand Champion Christmas Tree in 2004 and the 2006 and 2009 Ohio State Fair People's Choice Award. The live nativity scene, horse drawn sleigh, and absolutely welcoming and kind customer service set Reese's farm apart from other live tree ventures.

From my own experience there, it was an honor to meet his sons and family and to introduce Dave to my husband. (It seems we'd both become legends to our families based on my previous blog post about the farm!) FD and I had a fantastic, fun time picking out our skinny, little Christmas tree. (We just don't have the space for a "big boy.") I think surprised everyone with our "skinny love," including other patrons who had collected glorious, full-bodied trees. Most importantly, we had an even more fun chatting with Dave's sons and daughters-in-law! Thank you, Reese family, for yet another wonderful visit! See you again soon!

(Bleu was only well-behaved for the photo. Otherwise he is consistently trying to eat branches and drink the tree's water.)

No comments:

Post a Comment